The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is one of India’s most respected examinations. It opens so many prospects for Indian students to develop their careers. It comprises 29 disciplines or subjects as of 2023 and students can go for any depending on their calling and passion. A vast majority of students aim to crack the GATE exam because it will not only strengthen their career growth but also make the future promising and unassailable. If you are also someone aspiring to crack the GATE examination then makes sure to go through the article thoroughly. We will be touching on different aspects related to the exam. So make sure to read till the end. Now without any further ado, let’s begin reading.
What Is The Purpose GATE Exam?
If you belong to the engineering and science industry then certainly GATE examination needs no introduction. As stated earlier it is one of the most followed exams in India that comes with considerable advantages. However, if you are new to it, go through the points below to expand your knowledge.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering commonly known as GATE is conducted by the GATE Committee, faculty members from IISc, and seven other IITs on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resources Development, National Coordinating Board, and Department of Education.
- The GATE exam was initiated in 1984 and is kept once every year, usually in the first and second week of February.
- For the GATE 2023 exam, IIT Kanpur will be the exam-conducting institute.
- It is an All-India test conducted in online mode (Computer Based Test), approved and organized in eight regions across the nation and six cities abroad.
- The purpose of the exam is to test students’ proficiency in subjects related to Engineering and Science.
- GATE exam scores are valid for 3 years only from the date of declaration of the results.
- The syllabus for the test is extremely thorough and covers 10 to 14 subjects from the engineering stream.
- The General Aptitude section is common for all papers. It comprises 15% of marks, whereas 85% of marks would be comprised of the core subjects.
For a promising GATE score, you need all-around preparation. You need your practice to be thorough and well-directed. Make things easier by taking help from the best GATE Coaching in India.
What Are The Benefits Of Cracking The GATE Exam?
You might have already realized the significance of GATE from the above paragraphs. However, read the points below to learn more about how one can benefit from it after qualifying.
- The GATE scorecard is used by numerous Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) to recruit applicants for prominent positions at Indian Oil, GAIL and Hindustan Petroleum, etc.
- On qualifying GATE candidates can apply for admission into IITs, NITs, GFTIs, IISc, and many other institutes for higher studies.
- Qualified students can avail of some secured seats at IIMs for a doctoral program. Based on the GATE score, Institutes like IIT Bombay offer admissions to PhD., PGDM, and PGDIE programs.
- Also, GATE exam-qualified candidates can register for studies in countries like Germany, and Singapore. So, India is not only the limitation.
- GATE-qualified candidates can apply for various jobs like as Professor or Asst. Professor in reputable institutes.
- Moreover, candidates with qualified GATE can also obtain Scientist’s “C” grade jobs.
- Further, immediate recruitment to Group A level posts in Central government are done based on GATE score.
- GATE qualifiers can take on positions like Senior Field Officer (Tele), Senior Research Officer (Crypto), and Senior Research Officer (S&T) in the Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India.